Kitty's RP Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitty's RP Anarchy

A place for RP, fun and friends to be themselves.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Rep : 0

Character sheet
Level: LvL 0
EXP:
[Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. Left_bar_bleue0/0[Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

[Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. Empty
PostSubject: [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.   [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Now, this may not be about actual changes or things about the forum itself, but it's a question about a major part of the forum in some sense, so I think it qualifies to go in here. My question is: How would a different way of RPing be accepted? Hear me out on this, as I'm going to elaborate. Kitten gave me an idea, by what I would think is an accident. I got the idea of a Mass Effect RP thread from that, but I thought of the way the RPing itself will be done on my own. Now to the RPing itself:

As usual, people would have to make their character, following the standard guidelines, but because this is the Mass Effect universe, there would have to be a few different changes and rules to be set in. I'm not entirely sure if anyone here has as much knowledge or any knowledge at all on the Mass Effect world, but the rules I have to set in will require some knowledge of the world to fully understand it, I think. (I will include some required knowledge, plus more in the thread itself, should it be allowed to be set into motion. It will be set on the planet Omega, which I will explain how to RP around it, along with races, lore, and what can be done and used. By the way, this RP isn't dead serious right now. Humour is allowed frequently, but not allowed to be over-the-top or break RP, or break the 4th wall.)

Rules: Standard, but you are allowed powers to some extent. Since Biotics are in the world, you are allowed a maximum of 2 practical ones. Overuse of them isn't allowed either, they would have to be used in situations where that is the only way to progress.

Upbringing plays a part in the games, so your chosen raising may affect a few things, should you choose it to.

Romance is important in the world of Mass Effect, but it would have to be restricted to some degree. If any of you have any knowledge of how romance tends to go in the Mass Effect world, you can most likely think why it may be a bit hard to control, while maintaining it.

The planet this is set on may make it hard to get out of some situations created by yourself.

We all have to end simultaneously. We also have to end when the thread resets 3 times. So we all have to draw to a concluded end of our own stories by that point. (Sorry for the difficulty in doing that but there has to be an end.)

I should say that I will try my hardest to make it easier to RP on this extremely difficult subject to RP on, but I can't promise anything.
Back to top Go down
Encore
Nightmare Kitten
Nightmare Kitten
Encore

Mod Badge Mod Badge
Rep : -1

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.   [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 10:19 pm

It is allowed to make any kind of RP that is within the boundaries of our rules.

Advice: Link the more crucial parts of the Mass Effect wiki.

Also, I know about Mass Effect (GOtta love Tali) and it's lore in depth.

I would love to see one.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:
[Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. Left_bar_bleue0/0[Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.   [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 12:35 pm

I already had linking crucial parts of things such as lore, races, culture, etc from the Wiki. But thanks for the reminder.
Back to top Go down
Bontee
Forum Admin
Bontee

Admin Badge Admin Badge

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.   [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:10 pm

I know a bit about the lore of the Mass Effect universe and think it would be difficult to do, as there is so much lore to follow... Also, limiting it to 2 biotics may be a little to limiting as some races rely on it heavily. Also some races cannot survive in the same atmosphere as others, different pressures and so on, so maybe a planet as a setting might not work unless you limit the races that can be chosen.

It's one of the harder universes to do an accurate RP in because of how much lore there is, but if you got one set up, who knows? You can try if you want, I'd be interested in how it turns out.

P.S. Tali <3
Back to top Go down
http://rpanarchy.greatestboard.com
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.   [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Bontee wrote:
I know a bit about the lore of the Mass Effect universe and think it would be difficult to do, as there is so much lore to follow... Also, limiting it to 2 biotics may be a little to limiting as some races rely on it heavily. Also some races cannot survive in the same atmosphere as others, different pressures and so on, so maybe a planet as a setting might not work unless you limit the races that can be chosen.

It's one of the harder universes to do an accurate RP in because of how much lore there is, but if you got one set up, who knows? You can try if you want, I'd be interested in how it turns out.

P.S. Tali <3

I had taken most of these things into consideration. The limit on biotics was in honesty just to prevent overuse. You make good points though. Some races are particularly reliant on them. I think I'll remove the limit, but keep the rule where you can only use them in situations where they are the only way to progress. And I know that some cannot survive in certain places, but the Volus is an example of a race that has special equipment so they can survive on other planets. There are other races that may be a bit difficult to RP as too, such as the Hanar. I may have to restrict the races you can choose for that reason. Thanks for the feedback though, it's much appreciated.

Also, totally agreed on the P.S.
Back to top Go down
Bontee
Forum Admin
Bontee

Admin Badge Admin Badge

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.   [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:52 pm

To continue this further, you should collect your thoughts, plan out, then start the RP when ready in the General RP Section. You can start it whenever you feel you have come up with rules and restrictions that properly allow for a comfortable and fun RP. Thanks for asking!

I see no reason to continue this discussion here, for that reason, this thread is closed.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
http://rpanarchy.greatestboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.   [Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Resolved] Question about a slightly different take on RP.
Page 1 of 1