Kitty's RP Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitty's RP Anarchy

A place for RP, fun and friends to be themselves.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Ramblings

Go down 
+4
Soris Goldwing
Encore
Bontee
GrinTwist
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bontee
Forum Admin
Bontee

Admin Badge Admin Badge
Rep : -1

Character sheet
Level: LvL 0
EXP:
Random Ramblings - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0Random Ramblings - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Random Ramblings - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:48 pm

Renny™ wrote:
To think that one would find comfort in knowing another pessimistic individual... It's quite the thing to feel comforted by. Maybe it's the feeling of companionship, or perhaps the idea that your companion will share your view on things, and therefore there aren't any misinterpretations on related things. Such a thing would put ease on my mind, due to being frequently misinterpreted with the occasionally cryptic or perhaps unclear (much more frequent than the cryptic stuff) things I say. By a select few individuals, I'm even thought of as to have ulterior motives behind some things that I say. (Which may be true in some cases, but as is the case with the misinterpretations, the idea those people have of my intents are usually wrong.)

Forgive my waffling. I have a habit of doing that, even when trying to get a simple point across.

People most often like those who are similar to themselves (similar views, opinions, etc.), hate those who are the same as themselves, (competition, they feel they will be replaced by the other, or their spot in a group will be taken by one who is too similar), and love those who are different (opposites attract, more conversations and discussions to be had, longer lasting bonds, the ability to learn from one another and so on, though not too different, there still must be some common ground)...

Random, but yeah!
Back to top Go down
http://rpanarchy.greatestboard.com
Twilightwarolf
Regular
Twilightwarolf

Character sheet
EXP:
Random Ramblings - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0Random Ramblings - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:57 am

Funny i felt the same way Renny. To be honest though im happy with almost any person as a friend. (I don't have many in in RL. Like 2) But i get ya.

@bon that makes sense to be honest. Though i admit i never really gave it a huge amount of thought....or can't remember giving it that much thought. Oh well either or i still agree.
Back to top Go down
Bontee
Forum Admin
Bontee

Admin Badge Admin Badge

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 4:56 am

Yeah, I read a really long article a long time ago on it and the science behind the concept of relationships... I vaguely remember bits and pieces of it... Well, I can't think very clearly right now anyway, I'm going to bed, it's 4:00AM for me right now...

Night all! (Though you'll probably see this at some point mid day, the gesture is still there!)

Last edited by Bontee on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Butchered spelling, grammar and the English language entirely. Came back to fix.)
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Rep : 0

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Twilight, I tend to be a bit more selective with my friends. (Even though I have several, in both the realm of the internet and the real world.) Strangely enough, there has to be certain characteristics in order for me to be able to talk to people as a friend easily. Otherwise, I end up only looking at the flaws in the person, and end up hating them. It's not as if it's "if you're not *exactly* like this, I hate you", but more like "I probably won't like you that much unless you have certain traits." Thankfully, I'm pretty loose with these restrictions, so that usually doesn't present too much of an issue. But there are times where I just end up thoroughly disliking some people.

And also thankfully, there's nothing about anyone here that I could hate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Encore
Nightmare Kitten
Nightmare Kitten
Encore

Mod Badge Mod Badge

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 2:38 pm

So... Yeah. I still have no intentions of "Recruiting" anyone, although I'm sure that in due time, someone new will join. I do not like inviting friends, because... No one's interested in roleplaying. Some of you may have, I dunno. Perhaps I'm making it too much of an issue to myself, I don't know *Shrug*

Other than that. I've finished the original RP, it's ready for use. More or less, anyways. If I've understood correctly, there's some who want it to start of where it were, while others wants it to just have the same idea and setting. I'm still deciding what to do about that.

And the sci-fi one? Well, I've been working on it, slowly. A few other things have occupied my mind, nothing too bad, really. All in all, look forward to other things.

As summer ends, we'll be able to spend less time here, but! Any time is good time.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Teh Kitten's Cat wrote:
Any time is good time.
Entirely true. I have only 3 1/2 weeks of my break left, so I'm trying to make the most out of it. However, it seems that not much goes on here, so I don't get to spend much time here anyway. Regardless, that little amount of time will have to be savoured and enjoyed to it's maximum, as I don't have *too much* time outside of breaks, but still enough to check in here consistently.

I'm still not entirely sure of when the friend I "recruited" will join. I haven't asked them about it yet, but I'm not going to push them to do it either. Better to let people go at their own pace, or fear putting pressure on them. And that is not something I'd like to do to a friend. Let's just hope it's not going to take too long.

Last edited by Renny™ on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Utilized a decent vocabulary.)
Back to top Go down
Encore
Nightmare Kitten
Nightmare Kitten
Encore

Mod Badge Mod Badge

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Renny™ wrote:
Teh Kitten's Cat wrote:
Any time is good time.
Entirely true. I have only 3 1/2 weeks of my break left, so I'm trying to make the most out of it. However, it seems that not much goes on here, so I don't get to spend much time here anyway. Regardless, that little amount of time will have to be savoured and enjoyed to it's maximum, as I don't have *too much* time outside of breaks, but still enough to check in here consistently.

I'm still not entirely sure of when the friend I "recruited" will join. I haven't asked them about it yet, but I'm not going to push them to do it either. Better to let people go at their own pace, or fear putting pressure on them. And that is not something I'd like to do to a friend. Let's just hope it's not going to take too long.
That's one of the problems I have with "Recruiting" people. I do not really want to put pressure of any kind on anyone.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:07 pm

The way to avoid putting any pressure on anyone would be to just do everything in your power to do... Well, nothing after asking if they would have an interest in joining a forum which is mainly focused around RPing. By doing so, you're not doing anything else, and in turn letting them join entirely of their own volition. There would be nothing capable of pressuring them if you didn't initially ask in a manner which could come across as "Join this forum, NOW."

Should you reconsider "recruiting" anyone, this should hopefully give some confidence related to the matter of if you're pressuring anyone or not.

EDIT: Oh, also:

Quote :
I do not really want to put pressure of any kind on anyone.

Sometimes, you have to apply the pressure on some incredibly stubborn individuals to get them to do something. That's the only kind of person you should apply pressure to. Or at least, in my experience. Wink

Last edited by Renny™ on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added the fairly pointless edit + testing new colour.)
Back to top Go down
Encore
Nightmare Kitten
Nightmare Kitten
Encore

Mod Badge Mod Badge

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm not really a good judge of character, so I prefer to not act on my thoughts about someone.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:57 pm

There are times where that could be a weakness. If we're talking about thoughts in general, you could think someone's an extremely annoying person, yet not treat them differently to someone who you could think to be a wonderful person. Would you tolerate everything the annoying person does the same as you would tolerate some things the better person does? You may need to make some decisions which spawn from your opinion of someone from time-to-time.

(e.g. A friend of yours needs help with something. You help them without a second thought. Now, a very annoying waste of a human being asks for your help. Would you help them without a second thought, despite the fact that they annoy you constantly? Or leave them to deal with the problem themselves? These decisions and acts will spawn from what you think of the person, evidently. Just saying, there will be times where you are highly likely to act based on opinion, like it or not.)

If I'm in the wrong about this (which I suspect I am), disregard all of this.
Back to top Go down
Encore
Nightmare Kitten
Nightmare Kitten
Encore

Mod Badge Mod Badge

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:10 pm

I would help the annoying person as well.

If that was what you meant.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:07 pm

Yes, that was my question behind that long-winded example.

I wonder how people can bring themselves to assist those who are a pain to them. Frankly, I would take any opportunity I can to make sure they are in the worst situation possible.
Back to top Go down
Soris Goldwing
Mastah of Teh Kittens
Soris Goldwing

Mod Badge Mod Badge

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 8:46 pm

I have been doing that for a while now. Not easy but hey even talking helps people out. Well if you guys want I can get people. I have been Rping a lot as of late.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 9:19 pm

While it is not up to me to confirm, I'd say it wouldn't be too bad to bring in a couple new members. But remember there has to be some regulation. Not too many, but I imagine a couple would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Encore
Nightmare Kitten
Nightmare Kitten
Encore

Mod Badge Mod Badge

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 pm

To be honest. I do not really RP a lot.

I think I'm bad at RP'ing, so I do not want to ruin for people.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Teh Kitten's Cat wrote:

This has summed me up perfectly regarding RP.

I'm not bad at creating a character, etc, but RPing itself is quite an obstacle for me. So I could always just create a character, along with a supporting background story for someone who can't be bothered/has no ideas regarding the creation of their own character. Problem is, they'd have to agree to changing their RPing according to the character, and unless arrangements to do so are done beforehand, that could be quite an issue. Still, the offer's open.  

Last edited by Renny™ on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed a grammar error with additional content.)
Back to top Go down
Bontee
Forum Admin
Bontee

Admin Badge Admin Badge

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:34 am

Renny™ wrote:
There are times where that could be a weakness. If we're talking about thoughts in general, you could think someone's an extremely annoying person, yet not treat them differently to someone who you could think to be a wonderful person. Would you tolerate everything the annoying person does the same as you would tolerate some things the better person does? You may need to make some decisions which spawn from your opinion of someone from time-to-time.

(e.g. A friend of yours needs help with something. You help them without a second thought. Now, a very annoying waste of a human being asks for your help. Would you help them without a second thought, despite the fact that they annoy you constantly? Or leave them to deal with the problem themselves? These decisions and acts will spawn from what you think of the person, evidently. Just saying, there will be times where you are highly likely to act based on opinion, like it or not.)

If I'm in the wrong about this (which I suspect I am), disregard all of this.  
I'm not like that, I'd help the annoying person, even if it kills me on the inside. I prefer to keep up all relationships, and be seen as good to all. It's come back to help me a few times, but I regret it sometimes as well...

Renny™ wrote:
Yes, that was my question behind that long-winded example.

I wonder how people can bring themselves to assist those who are a pain to them. Frankly, I would take any opportunity I can to make sure they are in the worst situation possible.
Sadly, I'm usually on the receiving end of that for someone else being annoying. I defend people a lot and often fight the battles of others, I try to talk people down and make them friends... Surprisingly it has yet to fail me, ever!

Renny™ wrote:
While it is not up to me to confirm, I'd say it wouldn't be too bad to bring in a couple new members. But remember there has to be some regulation. Not too many, but I imagine a couple would be appreciated.
Yeah, I'm open for a few more people, as I've stated in the past. I've invited a friend and have already stated my stance on currently inviting people, basically the same as you just said; we can use some more people, for sure, just not too many and they have to have an interest in RP to further the purpose of the forum.

Renny™ wrote:
Teh Kitten's Cat wrote:

This has summed me up perfectly regarding RP.

I'm not bad at creating a character, etc, but RPing itself is quite an obstacle for me. So I could always just create a character, along with a supporting background story for someone who can't be bothered/has no ideas regarding the creation of their own character. Problem is, they'd have to agree to changing their RPing according to the character, and unless arrangements to do so are done beforehand, that could be quite an issue. Still, the offer's open.  
Don't be scared to join in on some of the RP's though! We need more activity in there!

One last thing...

Offer??
Back to top Go down
Twilightwarolf
Regular
Twilightwarolf

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:21 am

wow a lot went down here huh? Sorry i late to it all i just came back to America yesterday. It was a mix of good and bad.

Honestly im odd when it comes to how i treat others. I don't mind in general helping others (even if they annoy me) unless i really don't like that person or i get a bad feel from them, or my laziness hits first. Though if it's someone i don't like i propbably would tell them flat out no. And depending on how much or why i dislike them my tone would vary as well as how i say no.

As for why i only really do it so im on a decent stand point. I hate being in shit on top of things from school and such so i do somethings sometimes to help others....or i do it to benfit myself. Yes im that person if it benefits me it makes me consider it more if not have it be my only reason. But overall i just genereally help to help mixed with spur of the moment.

As for a few people...i have two i am considering. One from chatango and another from elsewhere. The other from elsewhere i have to see if she would like to and from chatango i have to get to know them a bit more before i offer so we shall see.

And RP'ing? Well...idk i'm told (quite frequently now) that im a good RP'er but i don't always feel i am. Like for one thing i think i get too attachted to my chars and the story... Honestly i don't know why i do other than it just didn't feel right to not get into them i guess...idk how to put it. But yeah thats where i have my concerns on RP'ing. Though i have to say once i do RP i tend to really enjoy it since it takesd my mind off things and i can make things happen and etc.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 11:47 am

Wow Bontee, that's a pretty good response to the walls of text I like to write!

I would join in on some RP's, but nearly every time I have, the result has been cataclysmic for other people. That's my main reason as to why I generally choose not to RP very often. I certainly won't join an RP that has already started, but there is a chance I might join in one that is yet to begin.

Twilight, I seem to have the habit of becoming attached quite greatly to my character and other characters too. It's right to have some attachment to them, otherwise you wouldn't care about what happens to them. Becoming highly attached may cause you to take more consideration for what happens during some events to them, as well as consider the aftermath of some choices more carefully, so I actually think it isn't too much of a bad thing in my eyes.

By offer, I meant the offer to help create all necessary things for a character for someone else. I'm more than happy to assist, as I don't honestly have much to do.

Last edited by Renny™ on Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spacing + punctuation.)
Back to top Go down
Twilightwarolf
Regular
Twilightwarolf

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:25 pm

I feel like shit now.....And its all because im stupid.

I'm happy to hear im not the only one. With my chars i do that and when i looked back on them i realize they all represent a part of me...It was kind of funny to be honest. I unconciously put in that much of me into them...*sigh* And i try to help others with chars and RP ideas and such since i feel decent in all but all my chars that are fair and good always needed anothers opinion...I'm sorry i just feel awful atm. If i don't make sense don't mind me.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:38 pm

When I make my characters, as well as make other people's characters, I draw off several sources. One is myself. I tend to take a characteristic or two from myself. Another is a random person who I find interesting. I put in a few of their characteristics too. Finally, I go off the specific things the other person would like.

What's the matter Twilight? You don't exactly sound the best. And saying it's because you're stupid is a bit vague. If you don't want to tell me, don't. But if you wouldn't mind, I would like to have my curiosity satiated, as well as possibly assist you.
Back to top Go down
Twilightwarolf
Regular
Twilightwarolf

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:47 pm

For me i just kinda make them. When i get an idea of them i start to take a few things from elsewhere. Though the representing me was never intended but i realized it later.

If you dont mind id rather say in pm
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:53 pm

Of course, when creating a character for myself only, I have to add a few things outside of what I mentioned. I have to give each of my characters a distinct personality too, otherwise I may tire of them being quite similar to the rest. Doing that however can be quite the chore if I'm not in the right frame of mind, or just not feeling very imaginative.

Sure, we can discuss this in PM.
Back to top Go down
Encore
Nightmare Kitten
Nightmare Kitten
Encore

Mod Badge Mod Badge

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 2:55 pm

I use RP as a vent for my creativity. I create settings, I make characters... I love it.

I always start from scratch, I always make my characters. I do most, if not all, kinds of roleplaying.

Sure, writing is also fun, but there something different about the interactivity of roleplaying.
Back to top Go down
Renny™
Regular
Renny™

Character sheet
EXP:

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Teh Kitten's Cat wrote:

Sure, writing is also fun, but there something different about the interactivity of roleplaying.
Yes, there is. With roleplaying, you get to mess everything up horribly, and confuse other roleplayers in the process. At least, in my experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Ramblings   Random Ramblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kitty's RP Anarchy :: Off Topic :: General Off Topic-
Jump to: